Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Veggie Tortilla Soup

I came across this recipe online. I love avocados, so I thought I'd give it a shot. . . . . And holy yum! I was surprised by how delicious this was. Plus it was super easy to make! I've made it twice for the fam in the past month, we love it! It serves twelve and we're happy to eat the leftovers :)


2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 chopped onion
1 chopped red pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 cans chopped green chile peppers
3 cans (14 oz) vegetable broth
1 can corn
2 cans black beans
2 cans pinto beans
2 diced avocados
tortilla chips

1. Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat, stir in onion, red pepper, garlic, and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
2. Mix in tomatoes, chile peppers and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add corn, black beans, and pinto beans. Mix and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add avocado and chips before serving.
5. Eat to your heart's content :)

1 comment:

  1. Just looking at that picture makes me hungry. You can make this again whenever you like. :)

    ReplyDelete