Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Owen!

Owen's birthday was the 18th. He is now 2 years old! I can't even believe it. I say it all the time, but seriously, time goes by so fast! I still remember the day he was born perfectly.

Look at that cute lil' guy.
Feeding him in the hospital. I forget how small he was until I look at these pictures.

I don't even know where to begin with this kid. I beyond love him! I remember when he was born, my mom and I were talking. She said you can't really understand a parent's love for their child until you have a child of your own. I remember thinking about how much I love and care about Owen and he's not even my kid! A parent's love must be indescribable.

I love his little voice. I was recently playing with him and I started singing a song. He totally joined in. He didn't know what he was saying, but he kept singing! It was adorable.  I love when he says:
-"Hummus!" He puts so much emphasis on that word, it's hilarious.
 -"Happening!" Whenever I say "What's happening?" He'll say "Happening!"
 -"What's going on?" When he said this I was like wha?? You can speak in sentences now??


Us playing ball.

 He's my little bud :) I love playing with him. He gets excited over the simplest things. We play 'Come find me!' Which consists of me running and hiding and him coming and finding me ;) He thinks it's hilarious and could play it all day. He reminds me to find joy in the small things.


Every little thing he does is so cute. One day he was looking in the toy box trying to reach a toy. He totally fell in and his legs started kicking. I hurried and pulled him out. The kid wasn't even fazed! Ashlee, my dad, and I busted up laughing.


On Sundays the Briggs come over for dinner. Towards the end of the evening, we all end up in the living room plopped on the couches. We all watch Owen play and run around. When the Briggs leave my dad will say, "What do we do now? Our entertainment is gone." Haha. We love just watching him discover things about life. Whether he finds a new toy, hears a new sound, or moves his legs in a goofy way when he walks, we find everything he does quite adorable!


 For his party Ashlee went all out with a ball theme.
She made football, baseball, basketball, and soccer ball cake pops.
They were delicious! Tell you what, my sister has skills.

 Owen's cake(pops) :)


 Opening presents.
He got lots of fun stuff!

Happy 2nd Birthday O! I love you Sweety!

2 comments:

  1. You are the best Aunt Owen could ask for! He loves you so very much Karinnee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love that kid! Way to be an awesome aunt!

    ReplyDelete