Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Red

Bought it yesterday. Been listening to it every single moment I can. This is definitely my favorite of Taylor's albums thus far. Hands down. Her ability to take a period of time in her life, whatever it may be, and capture every part of it in a 4 minute song is such a gift. If I could explain to you in words how much I LOVE this album I would, but I can't. You've just gotta hear it for yourself.

Track list:
1. State of Grace
2. Red
3. Treacherous
4. I Knew You Were Trouble
5. All Too Well
6. 22
7. I Almost Do
8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
9. Stay Stay Stay
10. The Last Time
11. Holy Ground
12. Sad Beautiful Tragic
13. The Lucky One
14. Everything Has Changed
15.Starlight
16. Begin Again

I can eliminate a few for 'favorite worthy songs', but overall, there are too many good ones to pick a favorite. If I had to pick a top three, perhaps it would be State of Grace, All Too Well and I Almost Do.
*Purple are honorable mentions ;)

State of Grace
"So you were never a saint 
And I've loved in shades of wrong."
I can't really put my finger on why I love this song so much. It's unexplainable. Oh the mysteries of life :) Perhaps because it gives me a sense of hope and pure joy. . . I can't explain it. You've just gotta hear it and feel it :)

All Too Well
 "I forget about you long enough to forget why I needed to. . .
 And you call me up again just to break me like a promise
 So casually cruel in the name of being honest." 
&

I Almost Do
"I bet you think I either moved on or hate you
Cuz each time you reach out there's no reply
I bet it never ever occurred to you that I can't say hello to you
And risk another goodbye. . .

Oh we made quite a mess babe
It's probably better off this way
And I confess baby
In my dreams you're touching my face
And asking me if I want to try again with you
And I almost do"

These two are on my top 3 list because I've felt this way as of late. Last week I was just going about my business, my normal routine, then out of no where all these things just reminded me of a guy I dated. And it made me miss everything. Everything. I couldn't remember anything negative that happened between us. As the day went on I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. I tried to stop them from spilling out, but couldn't do a very good job of it. I felt so fragile and didn't know why all of the sudden I felt so sensitive about us. I felt like such a mess. Then on Monday when I first listened to these two lovelies, I knew just what Taylor was saying. And I wanted him to know how I felt, but couldn't tell him for the sake of yet another goodbye. Another goodbye would mean having to hear his voice again. Having to see his smile and relive all the times he smiled because of us. And know that his smiles now aren't because of me, and they could have been. Some days for no apparent reason, are just hard. But Taylor, being her wonderful self, helps me through :)

Thank you Ms Swift :)

1 comment:

  1. I think he knows how you feel. I am proud of you for all you have gone through. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete