Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tears

I was on pinterest the other day (shocker there, right? ;)) And I found this lovely quote I just wanted to share with the world:


I've noticed in the past, oh I don't know, 6 months? how easily I can be brought to tears. It seems like everything has the power to make me cry; a song, something I've read, understanding how fortunate of a life I have, a memory, a conversation I had with someone, or a conversation I didn't.

Holding back tears doesn't translate into strength, and letting tears flow isn't a weakness. I used to think by holding it in, I proved how strong I was. I used to be embarrassed to cry. I hated my eyes getting puffy, my nose running, and people looking at me. But when I think about it, I don't know why I was embarrassed about feeling. When it comes down to it, that's all crying means: Your heart is heavy, or your heart is full of joy.

It seems I cry at both.

I'm not embarrassed anymore. I don't feel weird about being affected by the world around me that I'm moved to tears. Such a great part of being alive is being able to feel. So I'm going to let my tears roll down my cheeks, whether they're a result of love or grief, I'll let them roll.

Happy Wednesday to you and yours :)

2 comments: