Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Dallan!

Dallan's birthday was January 7th. He turned 24! On Sunday we celebrated with the fam. My mom made his pick for dinner, I made some cupcakes, and the Briggs brought the game 'Disney Hedbanz' Ash got for Christmas to play. It was a fun night!


Dallan is one of my best friends and has been my whole life. Growing up he was the sibling I was closest to. We shared a room for a long time, probably until I was 10 or so. We even took piano lessons at the same time. One time for our recital we did a duet. We were almost at the end of the song and I totally spaced out and forgot where we were. I had to stop and ask him and he pointed to the sheet music and said, "Right there." He didn't get mad at me for ruining the song. He didn't even make fun of me afterwards. He's a sweetheart that brother of mine.

This is my all time favorite pic of us :)

In high school when he was a senior, I was a sophomore. It was so great to have him there for my first year of high school. I remember feeling calm knowing my brother was in the building and would be able to be there in an instant if I needed anything. We had a lot of fun that year carpooling, going to football games, and we even were in the same group for a dance. A lot of older brothers don't want their little sister hanging around with their friends. Not mine, I'm a lucky little sister :)

Posing in front of our beloved van before we gave it away :(
I love this pic because our outfits are basically the same. It makes me laugh :)

This past year we were chillin at the pool and these two girls walked by with giant gorgeous legs. I said something like, "Holy, I wish I had legs like that!" And Dallan said, "You know what they're thinking? They're wishing they had something of yours." Dal loves me when I forget to love myself. He constantly reminds me of how much I'm worth and that I deserve the best out of life. Thanks Dal for always loving me and helping me throughout life! I love you bro. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Quit making me tear up when I read your blog! Seriously, that is so sweet! It's great to have awesome kids. I hadn't heard all those stories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete