Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Snow Canyon and Kannarraville Falls!

A few weeks ago the fam took a lil trip to St George. I really should have taken more pictures. I did some serious slacking this trip. My bad. Next trip I will for suuuure! Our last day there we did some hiking! We first went to Snow Canyon.

 On our way to Jenny's Canyon!

 It was a nice, short little hike a the mouth of Snow Canyon.

 It ends at a short slot canyon.


 Check out that face! Doesn't it look like he was photoshopped into the picture?


 My cute parents :)

 After Jenny's Canyon we started on another trail, although I don't think we stayed on it. . . We roamed around the red rock.

My dad LOVES hiking and had a lot more energy than the rest of us. He was quite the adventurer. He stopped here to wait for me to catch up. It looks like he's meditating, so my mom snapped a quick picture :) 

He caught me when I slipped! ;)

We made it to the top :)

On the way home we stopped for another hike. It was in this tiny town called Kannarraville. This hike was the greatest time I'd had in a loooong time. We were living life on this hike! It was a blast :) I can't wait to do it again!

We pulled up and were ready to go, waiting on Dad. . .

He changed in the car into his cut-off shorts and sandals. His feet and legs had not seen the light of day in over 10 years. I'm not exaggerating. He was proud :)

 
Brys and Mom excited to get started!

The unique thing about this hike is that you walk in a river for most of the time. It was COLD! But so worth it.

Bryson was the champ on this hike. Truth be told, we may not have made it without him!

We made it to the slots! :)

This was the first of two falls. There are man-made ladders for hikers to use to get over them.

The water got deep! At least for my legs. Bryson had no problem. He's got giant legs! :)

Brys helped me the whole way. What a sweety pie huh?

Cute little stepping stones.

The second falls! The 'ladder' wasn't much of a ladder. My mom's face says it all!

Dad going up!

We reached the top! :)

Brys guided us on the way back down, and we all made it back to the car with minor injuries ;)

 
Here are my dad's feet at the start of the hike. . .

And at the end :( 
 His feet were not making it after being shielded from the sun for 10 years. Poor guy. But we pulled our resources together! I had taken my little socks off at the beginning of the hike, so he used them as padding for his blisters. He didn't want to use Bryson's socks. (Bryson's Nike socks are a prized possession of his.) But in the end, Bryson took one for the team and even helped my dad put his sock on ;)

This is in the top funniest moments of my life. While this picture was being taken my dad said, "Trust me Bryson, I don't like this anymore than you do." Oh man, I love my funny family :)

Kannarraville Falls = Success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment