Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Starting Fresh

I feel like I've been in a bit of a rut lately. Perhaps it's the drag of winter, perhaps I'm just lazy. Either way, my attitude hasn't been very positive. I've been wasting so much time and have been so unmotivated, in almost every way of the word... I got home from work the other night, and my brother was watching a show called 'Splash'. It consists of wanna-be celebrities training to dive off of platforms to become the ultimate celebrity dive champ. I couldn't help but think, 'Is this what our lives have become? Watching people, who want to be popular, learn how to dive, with ridiculously fake drama, all in the name of high ratings, ultimately, for a hefty paycheck?' Our society has become so intrigued by watching other people live their lives, that we forget to live our own. No more of that for this girl.

So here's to a fresh start, to no more wasted time, to doing things I've neglected, and things I've always wanted to do. My new tab above, 'The List', will hold just that. The majority of them are simple things. Some are bigger than others, but I really believe it's the simple things that make life great. I'll cross things off when I've done them, keep a tally of the things I want to continue doing, and add to the list as I go. If any of you lovelies want to join me on something, you just say the word :)


1 comment:

  1. That is a very good idea. I watched the show bucket list the other day and was thinking that would be cool to do one. Yes splash is very very pointless! I don't know why they would even think about making a show like that.

    ReplyDelete