Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Owen's Birthday

I say it all the time and I'll say it again, life goes by so fast! This little boy is 3?? I still remember the day he was born p.e.r.f.e.c.t.l.y. It's crazy that that was three years ago. Goodness.

I've shared this picture before, but it's a fave, so here it is again :)
This was when we first met :)

Since that day we said hello, I've learned so much from him, it's unreal. He's the sweetest little guy. . .
A few weeks ago, I came home from work early due to a wack in the face and as a result, a black eye (that's a story for another day). My mom was watching Owen that afternoon. When I got home, I laid on the couch and Owen came up to me and said, "You okay Karinney?" My mom explained to him that I got hurt and needed to rest. He immediately picked up a blanket and put it on me and asked, "You want some music Karinney? You wanna watch a show?" It was the sweetest thing ever. He knew that blankets, music, and shows make him feel better when he's upset, so he wanted me to have those comforts too. Every time I saw him after that he'd ask with his concerned face, "Is your owie better? Does it still hurt?". Sweet boy :)

His imagination is so big. I totally forgot what it's like to play pretend, until he started to. One day we were walking up the stairs and he said, "I could fly up there, but I don't have wings." Another time, we went and saw The Croods (surprisingly great movie by the way). The next day we were playing and we 'got into the cave' (just like the Croods did) and he said, "Don't leave the cave!" He was so sincere about his concern of me leaving the cave, I almost forgot we were pretending.

I'm so grateful for this little guy, and all that he teaches me. A couple weeks ago went to the park. We were running in the grassy field for a really long time. It was the greatest thing ever. I love that things are so simple with him; all he wants to do is run in the park. We didn't need to talk or do anything at all, but run and laugh in a field together. And that was enough.

Last night was his birthday party. He wanted a Michael Jordan theme, so his mom went to great lengths to make sure everything was inline with that. When Owen walked into the decorated house, his reaction was priceless. He loved it! My sister thought of everything, to make his party perfect...


She made the invitations (adorable by the way) and blew one up and framed it for him. He's Michael Jordan :)


She made cupcakes and shaped them into the Air Jordan silhouette.

 And found this NBA table cloth, so cool.

Opening presents:
He got a Croods coloring book,


a Michael Jordan hat and socks (which I'm pretty sure he loved more than any toy), and a whole lot more.

Blowing out the candle :)

Sure love that kid :)

Happy birthday Owen!!

1 comment:

  1. You are the best aunt Owen could ever ask for! Thanks for always being there for him! He truely does love you!

    ReplyDelete