Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

June 1st 2013

I was going to save this post for June 1st, the day my bff and I will be seeing her in real life, but I'm too excited to wait! So here's to exactly one month and counting!

 
Although our worlds are completely different, I think Taylor and I are quite similar;
We're just months apart in age. If we went to school together, we would have been in the same grade. 
We're white... but sometimes we like to pretend we could be gangster if we wanted.
Writing is an outlet for both of us; she writes music, I write in my journal and this blog. 
We're both good at getting our hearts broken, whether the guy does it, or we do it to ourselves, it happens. We learn from those experiences, and we get better at the whole 'love' thing.

You might think Taylor is just another singer, and that's okay. But to me, she's more. Because when....

 When you're 17, and you're with the first guy you really like and you make all these plans together. Then out of the blue he decides to ignore you for a week, leaving you in the dark to wonder what is happening between you two, instead of simply ending it.
She's felt that way too, and explains it in Last Kiss.

Your first 'love' of over a year, basically cheats on you, but worse (yes, there is worse) with your very, very best friend.
She gives you You're Not Sorry.

When you break it off with one of the best guys you've dated, and there's no real reason the two of you couldn't make it work. You can't explain it, it's just something in your soul telling you no. So you just cry with them and muster, 'I'm sorry...' And it's the worst feeling in the world.
She knows just what you felt, even though you yourself can't explain it, she can, in Breathe.

 You go out with a guy one time, and the energy between the two of you feels like a dream... and you build it up in your head of what the two of you could be (because as hard as I try to be a mature adult, sometimes I just can't help myself and get carried away... I think that's another thing Taylor and I have in common). Then within a matter of weeks it come crashing to a stop, having so much left unsaid.
 She gives you Red.

When it's been months and you still find your mind wandering to them, and you remember every stupid detail of your relationship; what you said that made them laugh, what they wore on your first date, pointless things in your conversations, like what they did last Christmas, but most of all, how you felt with them.
She explains it perfectly. And I mean perfectly in All Too Well.

Taylor is more than just a singer; more than just a song writer. She's more than just a performer or a celebrity. She's real. When I listen to her, even when I'm so upset, I feel better, because a girl out there knows e.x.a.c.t.l.y how I feel. And for some reason, that lifts my spirits, and gives me hope. If she's experienced these though things (which seemed like the end of the world at the time) and came out better than ever, I can too.

Thanks Taylor. See you soon :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Taylor! It was so fun when we went to her concert together! I love Taylor as long as she doesn't dance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was waaaay fun! Haha she's so awkward, it's great.

      Delete