Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hair, hair, hair.

Today I looked in the mirror and realized how icky I had let the ends of my hair get. Conveniently enough, a Fantastic Sam's just opened up near my neighborhood. So after work I took a little trip to the salon. The cosmetologist who cut my hair was simply amazing. Christina is her name. Because of her, I left with a brain full of new knowledge about how to have good looking hair.

 She began our conversation by asking me what kind of shampoo and conditioner I use. Come to find out, I've been using one that's totally wrong for my hair. I've been using Fructis' for 'dry and damaged hair'. Guess what? the 'damaged' part is for hair that's been dyed. The product puts proteins back in the hair. Since I have never dyed my hair, I've just been putting all these extra proteins in my hair and it's actually caused my hair to break more easily. Whoda thought? Apparently all I need is a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

She said when conditioning your hair start from the ends and work your way up. The hair on top of your head doesn't really need conditioning.

She also said tying hair back causes breakage because the elastic pulls on the hair. So when you need your hair pulled back, use a clip. She said Target has cuter ones than Wal Mart :) Goodbye elastic bands!

Also, combing your hair when it's wet will cause less breakage than a brush. Hair picks work the best.

Aaaaand, trimming your hair every 6-8 weeks will help it grow faster.
 
I just had to share this because I've never had such a great experience getting my haircut. I'm sure it sounds silly, but it's true. Christina was feeding me all this information about how to keep my hair healthy. It's amazing how a 30 minute haircut, and a friendly cosmetologist made my day so great. Thanks Christina :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of good information! I am glad you had a good time getting your hair cut :)

    ReplyDelete