Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

This life I live.

I am so grateful for my life. The past month or so I've been so in awe of how wonderful life is. Sure, it's incredibly hard at times, I won't deny that, but the good completely outweighs the bad.

Yesterday was so great. I worked in the morning. I work with my family. I love it. I get to see them so often. When our shift was over, Dallan and I headed to Village Baker. We'd never been there before and Ashlee and our co-workers said it was better than Kneaders. . .So I had to see if the rumors were true because I am a firm Kneaders fan. Turns out, the rumors were absolutely true. I got the vegetarian with provolone sandwich on their honey whole wheat. Let me tell you, I am in love. It was the best sandwich I've ever had. We also got a pumpkin bar of sorts to share, and I savored every bite. We went to the West Jordan park to eat, then went for a walk on the Jordan River Parkway. The weather was perfect. It was just warm enough with a cool breeze. An amazing fall day. Days like these are my favorite. Just walking and talking with my brother about life; the complexities, the simplicities, what we've learned thus far in our lives, what improvements we're making, and how happy we are, where we are, with ourselves.

A couple Sundays ago Dallan and the Briggs came over for dinner. We played the game 'Headbands' outside while my dad played with Owen on our swing set and in the yard. It was so fun. We laughed so hard with each other. My mom made homemade raspberry peach pie for us. As we sat in the backyard eating our pie and laughing with each other, I couldn't help but feel so fortunate. Later, Dallan and I were talking about how amazing it is just to be alive; to have air in our lungs, to have bodies that function the way we want them to, to be able to laugh, to never know what hunger truly is, to be able to see the sky.

So often we overlook the simple enjoyments of life, when the simple things are what make life so great. For me it's: Family. Laughter. Writing. Singing. Baking. Dreaming. Hearing Owen speak. Reading. Swimming. A new dress. A good night's sleep. Running. Dancing. Friends. And Love.

I have been so grateful lately, I feel like my heart is going to burst. I guess Thanksgiving came a little early in my mind this year :)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you like Village Baker! It is so good! I am not so sure you love working with your family :) I am glad you are so happy. I am so proud of you and the decisions you have made in your life! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, duper like! I love you guys! I seriously have the best kiddos!

    ReplyDelete