Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Slow

Yesterday I was driving down a road full of construction. Living in Utah, this is no surprise. You'd think I'd be used to the orange cones, construction workers, dirt, and "Roadwork Ahead" signs. Yet, I still tend to get annoyed while driving through it. I've honestly been trying to have more patience lately and driving sure likes to test that! Anyway, I turned onto this dug up road, trying so hard to not be annoyed, and the greatest thing happened. Up ahead I saw a construction worker holding a 'slow' sign. They were moving a lot and I thought something was wrong. . .Until I got closer. This construction worker, an older woman, wearing her hard hat, holding this sign in the blazing heat, was totally dancing. Full out. Hard core. It was the greatest. She was smiling and waving at everyone who drove past. I waved at her and couldn't help but smile and laugh. She completely made my day.
I learned something from this lady: Attitude. She could have just stood there with her sign and not made the effort to dance, wave, or smile and no one would have given her a second thought. But she chose to make the best of her shift and try to leave a positive impression on people. And she did. We all have work to do that we'd rather not, but in this world we have to. However, we have a choice every single moment. We can stand through it, or dance through it. It's up to you.

 Let's dance.

Thanks construction lady :)

1 comment: