Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

I found a recipe for pumpkin cinnamon rolls (holy yum right??). Click here for the original recipe http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/pumpkin-cinnamon-rolls-recipe/. On Sunday I gave them a try. Unfortunately, they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The fam all agreed on a few things that I should change when I make them again:

1. Double the sugar in the dough. Instead of 3 tablespoons, do 6. The rolls weren't sweet enough.
2. Add cinnamon to the filling, probably a tablespoon. The filling didn't have enough flavor, it needed a little something more.
3. Double the amount of filling. There wasn't enough stuff in the middle of the rolls.
4. Watch the bake time! Mine were only in for 22 minutes and turned out a bit brown :( no one likes a crunchy cinnamon roll. Next time, I'd check them at 15 minutes, and every couple minutes after that.

Although the rolls themselves didn't turn out too well, the maple cream cheese frosting sure did!

Hopefully my next pumpkin cinnamon roll endeavor will be a complete success :)

Happy Tuesday :)



1 comment: